- Gergen, Kenneth J. 2000. The Saturated Self: Dilemmas of Identity in Contemporary Life. New York: Basic Books.
- Giddens, Anthony. 1997a. Modernity and Self-Identity: Self and Society in the Late Modern Age. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Giddens, Anthony. 1990. The Consequences of Modernity. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Gilkey, Langdon. 1993. Nature, Reality, and the Sacred: The Nexus of Science and Religion. Theology and the Sciences. Minneapolis: Fortress Press.
- Hallowell, A. Irving. 1960. Ojibwa Ontology, Behavior, and World View. In Culture in History: Essays in Honor of Paul Radin. Edited by Stanley Diamond. New York: Columbia University Press, pp. 19–52.
- Harris, Malcolm. 2018. Kids These Days: Human Capital and the Making of Millennials. New York: Back Bay Books/Little Brown and Company.
- Harvey, David. 1989. The Condition of Postmodernity: An Enquiry into the Origins of Cultural Change. Cambridge: Blackwell.
- Harvey, Graham. 2017. If Not All Stones Are Alive…: Radical Relationality in Animism Studies. Journal for the Study of Religion, Nature & Culture
- The Vulnerable (Post) Modern Self and the “Greening” of Spiritual Personhood through Life in the Spirit by Mary Frohlich
- Ellis, Erle C. 2018. Anthropocene: A Very Short Introduction. New York: Oxford University Press.
© 2020 by the author. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).